forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vista support
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the DLL relocation problem (i.e. the same problem as SDBG) then we can provide a DLL to test.
acw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

I do indeed mean the relocation problem - yes please I'll be happy to test it - just send it to me in an email and I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Alan
acw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

Thanks for the update. I think it's a big thumbs up Smile I say "think" because initially I had problems with programs hanging when bringing up some clearwin windows (%di and %ww), but I've now installed the VS2005 SP1 Update for Vista Beta and it all seems to be working fine - maybe a little slower than under XP but working just the same. If I find any problems I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
Alan
kajthomsen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Robert wrote:
I have tried sdbg on a substantial example and seen the same error message. What is odd is that it has nothing specifically to do with Vista and is caused by DLLs being relocated at load time -- specifically ones produced by FTN95. I can reproduce it on my XP setup now and can email you a replacement sdbgdll.dll to try.

That said... relocations of DLLs are common and although the issue looks cut and dried I cannot believe this has been an issue since SDBG version 1.

I have Vista on my new computer and can not run SDBG anymore because of the error message. I would be very happy to get that sdbgdll.dll too.
Thanks!
brucebowler

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: sdbg & vista Reply with quote

I'll be taking my Vista laptop with me to a place where I likely won't have access to the net. I likely will want to do some debugging. What's the likelyhood of getting the necessary dll's to allow debugging on Vista before Tuesday next?

Thanks!
Bruce
Robert

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an interim build here: http://www.silverfrost.com/public_downloads/debugger.zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: