forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COmpatibility of FTN95 and Intel Visual Fortran in VS2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat019

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: COmpatibility of FTN95 and Intel Visual Fortran in VS2005 Reply with quote

I am interested in trialling Silverfrost FTN95 – its features look very good indeed, especially the ability to produce .NET code. I currently have Visual Studio 2005 and use Intel Visual Fortran (IVF) 9.1 for my Fortran compiling

Is it possible to install the FTN95’s plug-in to VS2005, if I already IVF 9.1 installed?

Has anyone done this and found any conflicts between FNT95 and IVF9.1 in the VS2005 IDE?

Cheers,
Mark
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have heard it is unlikely that you will be able to work with two different Fortran plug-ins installed but there is no harm in trying.
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install the Visual Studio 2005 plugin, but you may find some conflicts. The compiler should work no problem, but editor features may be broken. Visual Studio decides which plugin to load for the editor based on the file extension of a source file. If you have two plugins that are associated with .f90 for example, then only the latest to be installed will be active for editor features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: