forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CMAKE ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: CMAKE ? Reply with quote

Can we have a CMAKE (not just MAKE) facility in ftn95.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with CMAKE so I don't know how much work would be involved on our part.

If there are a number of members of our support community that endorse your request then we could at least do a pilot study to estimate how many man hours of work would be involved.
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with https://cmake.org/
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm aware it's freeware Robert.

It's just that I want to try out using PLPLOT with ftn95, something I looked into a while back now, and in order to compile it the fortran compiler apparently has to be compatible with CMAKE which is used to compile PLPLOT. Which is why I put trying it out on the backburner back in the day.

The fact that CMAKE is freeware presumeaby makes it 'compatible' with integration into ftn95 from a licensing point of view, but I appreciate Paul's comment about having to check out the 'resources required' issue first.

PLPLOt would be a good addition to ftn95 I think.
Another string to it's bow of tea and plot making facilities. As it were.

Others have done it.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I by chance found 20 PLPLOT Fortran examples made in 2004 for FTN95 in my folder and suggest you if you want PLPLOT to be broadly accepted just cosmetically touch them to look more modern. Currently these demos look terrible so every time I see them I want to immediately forget them despite they could be probably very useful. They are the best example of anti-advertisement. May be Absoft has better demos as they recommend PLPLOT, as Steve Jobs would fire the guy who made them next day unless he is color blind

After that may be Silverfrost will consider making analog of %pl for each type of plot by making them compatible with %gr and %og. That will be awesome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: