forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Native %pl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bug reported on this thread by mecej4 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 is on my "todo" list but the sample now works correctly. This relates to initialised data in a module. Presumably some other fix has also sorted this one out. So I will simply add this sample to our test suite.
mecej4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul.

Since this thread is close to thirty pages long, users may find it convenient to use this link for the specific post (regarding a failure to honour initialisation of a module variable): http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3487&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75 .
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, does this mean you're slowly and steadily going through these old %pl posts (there are x 3 with exactly the dėsame name btw) treating reported bugs/anomalies as you come across them ?

If so it might be a good idea to post a summary list so we know what's on the 'to fix' list.

Then again maybe it's just non-%pl bugs you're a-hunting for ?
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Kenneth_Smith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that's been on my to do list for a long time. A program to help visualise the torsional modes of a turbine generator shaft system (A multi string/mass system with simple harmonic motion). Graphics using Clearwin+. All done with the native %pl and %br. Much better than looking at a tabulation of eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

The annoying flicker when updating the graphs multiple times can be almost completely eliminated by a call to call SLEEP@(X), X in this case being 0.02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIXPDzEGNZg

Still a work in progress Very Happy

Ken
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLEEP1@ is usually preferred to SLEEP@.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, Paul,
Any ideas how to automatically save animated run to AVI or GIF file to show on the conferences as part of Powerpoint presentations instead of run of FTN95 code? MATLAB has such capabilities, by the way
Kenneth_Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul - I'd to look at the help pages for that one.

Dan, afraid I don't have an answer to your question. Hopefully somebody knows the answer, it would certainly to a useful tool.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the method is quite staėghtroward, theoretically:

a) using a virtual screen (with a %gr), duplicate the process of creating the image (plot), saving each image as it is created.

b) then with a uitable program generate the animation from the saved images

For a) selecting the number of images required to get a 'smooth' animation. It wouldn't necessarily be necessary to save all the plots - TBC experimentally on a case-by-case basis.

Ideally it would be good to make b) 'automatic' by making calls to the relevant program as required from within the ftn95 program, assuming that it's possible to generate an animation vėia some kind of script file (which could be generated programatically) for the program in question.

That would be ideal in order to subsequently incorporate the capability to 'play' the animation from the application (via PROCESS calls ?)

For Dan's useage it could be done externally/manually.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alterbaėnatively, try to duplicate the OpenGL procedure using the front/back buffer concept ?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearwin has everything to automate creation of gif or png images, this is not a problem,all that is done in one line of code.

Additional Clearwin function is needed to automatically pick up all these images and make living gif or AVI out of them
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I do animation of sinusoidal vibration by first creating the virtual screens then in turn bringing them into focus with
i = copy_graphics_region@ (w_handle, 6,6,nxpix,nypix, &
handle(ii), 6,6,nxpix,nypix, srccopy)

I use about 16 views that are spaced at equal time/angle intervals > factor = sin(angle) and time each screen update with SYSTEM_CLOCK then use call sleep@ (wait) to give some reality.

However, this does not create a GIF movie file !

If the virtual screens were saved ( I use .png files), it is only a few lines ( say 100 !) of code to create a utility that reads the individual screen dumps then does an animated display, as a small stand-alone .exe. You would also need the clearwin+ .dll's to use as a presentation.
Does powerpoint have the ability to import a "set" of screen images and cycle through them ?
When I present, I just run my full clearwin+ viewer .exe from a USB, in another window and alt-tab to the program.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first used animations in early 1990th with FTN77 made EXE. Of course people were awed seeing how man-made star explodes on the screen and such talks usually regarded as the best of the conference.

But not anymore, i'm bored with running own EXEs. The animations must be AVI or GIF files inside Powerpoint presentations, period. Almost everyone now shows animations. Every student now makes animations in MATLAB in no time and no efforts. And indeed the results of simulations very often is better to see as animations.

The process of creation of animations in Fortran has to be ultimately simple. Later I used GIF89 creation program. But ideally the animation has to be more than 256 color. The AVI is probably the best but that requires external programs and spending lot of time with numerous adjustments

This way anyone in your group will use them in their presentations. And years later this will be easier to see animations in the presentations without the headache of potential compiler incompatibilities and specific requirements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: