forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Procedure to display images
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, i was wrong because yes do not read any manuals, relying just on common sense because Clearwin is now so large and mostly clean that there exist specific logic in its constructs. Sorry. you were right, and only now i noticed that brackets in my source code are indeed curly. Which tells me very strongly again and again that 4K for monitors is way too little if use native 100% font size on full 50" screen. This info will be useful if you plan to buy such monitors. Now I am waiting to switch to 8K monitors when they will be more affordable...Making terrible amount of typos and do not see them Sad

My common sense likes your suggestion for different name function. Curly brackets are way too unusual The current one IMPORT_IMAGE@ probably has to be renamed to something more clear like IMPORT_RESOURCE_IMAGE@. Since it is new function, just may be couple people are using it, this change will go fine, while IMPORT_IMAGE@ should have take regular files. To make change even simpler and add simplicity when failing to plot the warning could be added to use different name for the function.

Last edited by DanRRight on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
eric_carwardine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

PaulLaidler wrote:
If all else fails, read the documentation...

Thank you Paul.

I have the Clearwin+, Fortran edition, 436-page manual but it does not mention IMPORT_IMAGE@, only IMPORT_BMP@ and IMPORT_PCX@

Should I get documentation from the following list?

Eric
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use the online help or open ftn95.chm. I usually just use the help menu from Plato.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... the example is only for the RESOURCE option, he aid pedantically.
Maybe a second example should be added with the curly brackets option, which I'm guessing would be the favourite 'because it's easier' option for a lot of people.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
Quote:
You could use the online help or open ftn95.chm. I usually just use the help menu from Plato.

Each has his 'favourite' )*), be it:

- the .chm file
- the on-line interactive help (which Eric has in his list above)

but then there's also ...

- the Clearwin+ Fortran Guide .pdf
- the .enh files !

Quite a handful to get your teeth around all of them at once, let alone keep them updated.

I assume that each of the first 2 are identical Paul ?

Maybe the time is ripe for some opportune consolidation ?

Some re-organisation( & enhancement) of the first 2 ?)

sorting out the often really annoying inability to switch back and forth between chapters in the on-line version. Sometimes it's impossible to see the 'structure' of the help chapters on a particular subject.

etc...

A regular re-generation of the .pdf version at the same time the .chm is updated ? (keeping the original as it's got some useful info and examples included !)

Updating (on an on-going basis) with examples, clips showing results of example codes, etc ...

A more 'modern' presentation of the .enh file ? (which is often a bit of a boo ger to search through at times). Maybe a spreadsheet style ?

Just a few sugestions for Paul to contemplate.

(*) for 'favourite' read 'most convenient'.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORT_RSC_IMAGE@ has been added for the next release as an alternative name for IMPORT_IMAGE@ and a new function IMPORT_FILE_IMAGE@ has been added. This function can be used to import a file without the requirement to set the file name within curly brackets.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, that could be more in the spirit of Clearwin than unusual curly brackets. You will use curly when first time read the manual but will definitely forget and miss them next time.

By the way one more related question about displaying images. I tried before ones but since forgot - Clearwin is like a universe now - is it possible to make graphical analogy of bubble help %th when you hover on the %tt or %bt buttons and the large size image appears showing what will this button create if you click on it?
I have one huge summary page called Tools with 100s buttons and radiobuttons on it and I'm permanently lost searching what specific tool and graph style I need
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: