forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappearing Output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintMichael57

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Disappearing Output Reply with quote

Dear Silverfrost forum members:
Despite my including all of the necessary code in my programs, including the output statements, once I run my programs, there is no output! What am I doing wrong? I am running Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit as an operating system. Thank you. Smile
mecej4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please show a few of the file access and I/O statements. State how you build and run the program. Then, after seeing the details, we may be able to tell you what else to try.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In particular are you creating a "console" application and are you running the program from a "Command prompt" window or from a IDE such as Visual Studio or Plato?

A console application run from Windows Explorer or Visual Studio may not pause to allow you to see the results.
wahorger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, put a PAUSE statement in your program just before the STOP statement and see if you can see the output. Direct all program control to the PAUSE statement (stated another way, only allow one way out of the program).
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintMichael57 (*),
following on from Paul's comment, just try just adding WINAPP (if it's not already there) as the first line of a program and see if it outputs as you want ...
https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/clearwin/simpleprograms.aspx
__________________________-

(*) patron saint of Heinz baked beans maybe ? Wink
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: