forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

v8.5 Personal - 'Missing' TEX & SVG Routines ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this matter better resolved by posting an example that does work?
Documentation comes in many forms, including short demonstration codes .

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie

I am not familiar with the subject but I agree that it would help if we were to provide a sample program that calls EDITSVG_DRIVER. Also the documentation refers to some sample files that might be missing.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. I am an avid reader of documentation before I embark on something new, and although I sometimes miss things, I know from experience that one can be hung up on a simple point for ages, just 'not getting it'.

Incidentally, the new(ish) %sb status bar is excellent.

Eddie
John-Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of knew that supplying as much info as possible might confuddle the situation.
Especially as it had to span across 3 or more comments due to the well-known on-going forum comment length restriction.

Let me first ay that I appreciate that both the svg development, and particularly the TEX facilìty are 'experimental' and that is clearly stated in the documentation.
As such I also don't expect the documentation to be all-singing-and-all-dancing from the off, and you've already supplied some important clarifications to my questions so far

I'll go back to square one and post some simpler independent questions then if that's OK.
I was planning to post my code anyway, as I said at the end of my last comment ...
Quote:
I'll wait for some feedback before posting my revised code which has now at least runs (albeit producing .svg files which are not entirely what I'm expecting as explained above)
ow

So now I've had the feedback I'll get to it (putting it in seperate post).

It would have been useful to get advance feedback based on what I posted last as it m'ight have resolved some issues.

as for ....
Quote:
Also the documentation refers to some sample files that might be missing.

what do you mean exactly Paul ?
there is a sample program listing here:- https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/gdialog/svg.aspx
It's to show how to use open/close_SVG@ to write primitives to an SVG file 'virtual printer'.

However I don'e see any references to any other samples,

neither for creation of an svg of a TEX equation (sample TEX files are listed and it's those I've been using - so as not to inadvertently introduce any peculiarities which aren't catered for - but there's no example)

nor for the introduction of a previously generated TEX svg into, for example, a %gr window (if that's possible, it's still not clear for me) or via an SVG virtual printer file (i.e. between open_svg@ and close svg@ - as the Sample prog already present)

That's why I created my simple crude program to first check out each stage of the process.
As I said I'll post them seperately on another post , to avoid 'overload' on your side.

I'll try also to cut out any 'superfluous' detailed description to keep post length to a handleable length, so if something's missing you'll have to ask.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: