forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone will check if my prog crashing on your computer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Anyone will check if my prog crashing on your computer? Reply with quote

I have couple programs which annoy me to the hell crashing with one of %pl plots (or possibly with one of specific input data) on *ALL* my computers. Crash happens in the area where user has no access to fix it by himself (simpleplot_redraw@ and property sheet %ps). I have sent one of programs which plots XY plot with %pl to Silverfrost but damn thing in its true devilry manner does not crash there, so the fixing process is kind of stalled. Can anyone try my program and tell me if is it OK or not on your PC? I send the source and data, you will just compile and run it
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count on me Dan. Drop me a PM.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program has highlighted possible pitfalls when using %lw to leave windows open. This applies to 64 bit code in particular and is probably not an issue with 32 bit executables. As a result I have added the following comment to cwplus.enh for the next release.

%lw can be used to leave one or more windows open but care should be taken avoid arriving at the runtime "END PROGRAM" point in the code with windows still open. This can result in your working memory being released to the system and being used elsewhere causing your data to be corrupted whilst still in use by ClearWin+.
If necessary, a call can be made to the routine STOP_WHEN_WINDOWS_CLOSE@, before "END PROGRAM" in order to avoid a premature exit. It has the following interface which will be written into clearwin.ins etc. for the next release.

C_EXTERNAL STOP_WHEN_WINDOWS_CLOSE@ '__do_winio'
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, would be great if this will fix the problem which was causing codes behave behave so unpredictably and irrationally, in true devilry manner. %lw is very useful part of GUI. %lw[owned] is also very handy. %lw allows to look at the parameters of running code without interrupting its execution. Or code will inform and warn you with popup windows and continue running.

Thanks all who participated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: