forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debug
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Running Plato with debug win32, invariably, this situation pops up. under normal run and step into, one has a 3 bar icon at top of screen that can be clicked on to step thru the code. Now, due to whatever error or, when I do a run and step into, I do not see the icon at top of screen to step thru the code. I tried setting the options in tools to un-click "integrate with SDBG", was told to do this by Paul Ladler, to no effect. I re-booted win 10, re created the project file, re-built the code, all to no effect? Completely "dumb founded" on why this happens. Anybody have any ideas???
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the main menu bar, select View and look for the item "Build Toolbar".

If it is not checked then select the item. Now you should see the buttons you want.

Otherwise, if the Build Toolbar is not docked then it may have got lost off screen. In this case you will need to edit the Registry. Please ask for further instructions.
stfark1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Debugging Reply with quote

Note: Watch toolbar checked on but "off screen", was told that I may need to edit the registry, not sure how to do and certainly not sure how this ever got messed up. Been using "step into" debugger forever, now all of a sudden the "step through, line by line" icon is gone. Cannot debug without! Anyone have a solution? Thanks, Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Win 10 Execution Reply with quote

Using the Plato debugger, not seeing the icon for "step into" displayed on screen, not using with SDGB, viewing with build tool bar checked, not a resolution issue where icon off screen. Was told that if this problem persists, may have to edit the registry. Would sure like advise on how to do, cannot debug further without the "step into" function working, please advise. Thanks, Sid kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Note: How do I attached screen shots to this message?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reset the Plato Registry...

1) Right click on the Start button on the taskbar.

2) Select Run.

3) Type regedit and click on OK.

4) Allow user account control by selecting Yes.

5) Find the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Salford Software\Plato\MFCToolBars.

This is for the 64 bit version of Plato otherwise replace Plato by Plato3.

6) Right click on this key and select Delete.
stfark1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, will try, as usual, excellent response and support! Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Win 10 Execution Reply with quote

Hi Paul: Well, re-built registry as you recommended, specified Plato3 for 32 bit which I am running, re-booted win 10, deleted the project file, re- built, "stepped into" with the debugger, same result, icon at top of screen missing! Tried view window tool bar, tried different debug options, set tools to integrate with SDBG then do not integrate with SDBG, re-built, cleared dependencies, what ever the problem is, it is really a good one, cannot seem to make "step into" work so that I can click the icon at top of page and step through the code, line by line. Without this capability, the system is useless, I cannot debug without this feature. Am at a loss on what is wrong. Do I need to delete Silver frost and re-download to re-build? I would not think that this is necessary but all worked fine until about a week ago, something got messed up in my system. Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is to run SDBG on its own and not from Plato.

Start up SDBG as you would start up Plato and open the executable that you want to step into. Then do the stepping actions using the buttons on the SDBG toolbar.

You can still use Plato to build the executable as before.
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Thanks again Paul, I executed SDBG directly and it does the step in with icon, wondering why it will not do with Plato now? If I take some screen shots and send them to you, will this help? Anyway, thanks again, Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Interesting, if I use Plato and open as administrator, icon for "step into" does not appear! If I right click on the Plato Icon on Desk top screen and just say open, all works fine? Totally lost. Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Hi Paul: Did you get the screen shots that I sent to you and have any luck with a resolution. I reverted back to Win 7, works fine, interesting eh! Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Hi Paul: Just sent the screen shots to you again to the email that you gave me. When finished, I noticed that the sent file was in the "outbox" on the system, not sure what that means, please let me know, Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Debug Reply with quote

Hi Again Paul: I did finally get the debug program to execute correctly by running the program directly from SDBG. Not sure why this is happening but if you get the screen shots or need additional ones, please let me know. Thanks Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Debugger Reply with quote

Hi Paul: Set a different "Project" option in my project file to on, called "Call Run_Trace@", now the debugger, "step into" command works properly, displays the "icon" for "step Into" on the project screen. Does this sound correct to you? Thought that we did this before, Sid Kraft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: