forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VisualClearWin access via .NET Framework

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhumph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: VisualClearWin access via .NET Framework Reply with quote

I have installed FTN95 and Visual Studio 2005, and created a simple .NET application per the help guidance (Solution3 of the demonstration pack). Contrary to what seems to be indicated by the help information, Salford.VisualClearWin is not automatically added to the project references. Even after I add it, I still cannot access the Salford controls as indicated - they are accessible as objects via object browser, but they are not in the .NET Framework Components Namespace list. I have checked to assure I have selected the .NET platform. Any thoughts?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to manually add the controls to the tool box.
Start by right clicking in the tool box and select the appropriate menu item.
mhumph

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding, Paul. I had already right clicked and tried to add these tools. That's how you get to the Namespace menu for selection. They are NOT ACCESSIBLE, i.e. not listed. Visual Studio does not list any of the Salford controls in the long list of available controls. Although the Salford.VisualClearwin object is a project reference, and controls are available via the Object viewer, I can't access them via the Choose Items... menu item, which is the menu item you use in VS2005 to access the available controls list. I have already tried reinstalling FTN95-no difference. Frustrating, because I want acess to the Salford controls.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Select "Add/Remove items". If you cannot see Double_Box etc then check to make sure that Salford.VisualClearWin is installed in the GAC.

From the "Control Panel" select "Administrative Tools" then "Microsoft .NET Framework". In the help topic, select "Manage the Assembly Cache", then "View list of Assemblies...". You should be able to see Salford.VisualClearWin in this list.
mhumph

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, Paul. I had to add the Salford.ClearWin assembly to the GAC, then browse for the assembly from the "Choose Items" menu item within Visual Studio. Now I have access. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: