forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FORTRAN user-defined keywords in MS Visual Studio 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGWB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: FORTRAN user-defined keywords in MS Visual Studio 2003 Reply with quote

I use FTN95 (Rel. 4.71) inside MS Visual Studio .NET 2003.
Inside the editor some FORTRAN keywords like TAN SIN COS SQRT TRIM LEN_TRIM .EQ. .LT. and a lot more are not highlighted.
Does a possibility exists to create an file to define a own list of keywords?

On the internet I found in this connection the following information:

"In the same directory as msdev.exe (for Visual Studio .Net search for ...Microsoft Visual Studio.NETCommon7IDEdevenv.exe), use the Text editor or Windows Notepad to create a text-only file named usertype.dat. Add your keywords to usertype.dat, one keyword per line. Note: The usertype.dat file is read during initialization. It cannot be renamed, nor can it be reloaded during an editing session. The syntax coloring mechanism checks the usertype.dat file last. Thus, all previously defined color settings take precedence over the user-defined keywords."

I tried it out but it does not work. May be because I use the German version of Visual Studio!? I don't know!?
Has anybody an idea what could by happen and/or useful?

Sorry for my poor English.

Willy
Lueneburg, Germany
Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: FORTRAN user-defined keywords in MS Visual Studio 2003 Reply with quote

The file usertype.dat only applies to Visual C++. User defined keywords are not supported in the Visual Studio plugin at present I am afraid, the capability may be introduced at some point in the future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: