forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%ww[casts_shadow]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More recent versions of Windows have messed up the display for this option. I did some work on it and the result was an improvement but not a good fix. If you have the latest version of ClearWin+ that will show the result of the fix.

I am not sure that this option remains useful since more recent versions of Windows already gives you a good shadow.
EKruck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
my version is 8.40; the DLLs in my directory for my programs are dated Nov. 2018. I do not need a fix; I removed cast_shadow.
Erwin
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the effort Paul.

Some differentiation is required if a window is captionless and volatile, but unnecessary for standard dialogs.

I started using drop_shadow for such things when pop-up menus didn't work with %gr areas, and stuck with them after that was fixed (partly because there wasn't much of a fanfare, but also partly because i found that you could have all sorts of extra things like data entry boxes that you couldn't with a pop-up menu).

The answer might be some other effect than a drop shadow, maybe even a different colour, but a drop shadow is effective - it needs to be denser than a Windows standard drop shadow, but the latest Windows versions render this rather crudely. Perhaps MS don't intend drop shadows to be used and this is their way of telling us.

I suppose that my solution is to experiment.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: