forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

libraries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: libraries Reply with quote

lapack and slatec are free numerical libraries. Their source code are freely available on the net.
It would be nice if FTN95 were shipped with at least one of these libraries already precompiled (or with the instructions to make it).
Other compilers (Open Watcom and GCC, two free compilers) have their versions of the numerical libraries on many web sites. Is it so hard for you to make a porting of one of them?

Thanks

Franco Sorianelli
JGWB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: libraries Reply with quote

Very Happy The whole source code for the SLATEC FORTAN90 library you may find here:
http://www.csit.fsu.edu/~burkardt/f_src/slatec/slatec.html

Very Happy The whole source code for the LAPACK FORTAN90 library you may find here:
http://www.csit.fsu.edu/~burkardt/f_src/lapack/lapack.html

To produce a pre-compiled module SLATEC.MOD and/or LAPACK.MOD one has to insert the following two lines as first lines into the particular source code

MODULE SLATEC or MODULE LAPACK
CONTAINS

The very last line in the particular source code than has to be

END MODULE SLATEC or END MODULE LAPACK

After the compilation of such a code one receives the files SLATEC.MOD or LAPACK.MOD as a by-product.
Prerequisite is an error-free code - AND THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!!!

As a module both source codes produce a lot of error and/or warning messages (more thab 10.000) due to many interdependence which do not exist in case when using a single subroutine/function of the source code. Please note that the LAPACK source code has more than 100.000 lines and the SLATEC source code more tha 300.000 lines.

After a careful elimination of all these errors and warnings and a subsequent testing of the altered routines one can use both modules as very helpful pre-compiled library files. I guess this is a work of two or three month only. :dead:
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: libraries Reply with quote

I have downloaded and compiled these libraries.
LAPACK compiles without any errors.
SLATEC compiles with essentially just one error in the non-standard Fortran.
On line 5350 you must append a D to the hexadecimal to get bitwise assignment to a DOUBLE. viz
DATA DMACH(1) / Z'0010000000000000'D /

However, to make serious use of the libraries, the multiple warnings should be investigated.
I don't think that either Salford Software or Silverfrost can offer to do this at the moment. Cool
pierre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Scientific library Reply with quote

I just need a basic scientific library (integration, linear algebra, inverse of a matrix......).

I am a newbe so if it could be simple to install and free it would be nice Very Happy

What do you advise me to download ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: