forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Native %pl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

These zeroes were taken care of in the next block of lines to make sure that the data will be free of zeroes before call of function cb_Replot which calls simpleplot_redraw@
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

When I run your program in 32 bit mode there is an integer overflow and then some undefined values that show up. I don't know if this has any impact on the data that you plot.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

I am beginning to understand the problem but I am not sure how to fix it at the moment.

We probably need two versions of SIMPLEPLOT_REDRAW@.

When using log scales the current SIMPLEPLOT_REDRAW@ is for use when resizing, and when the data has not changed but needs to be restored to what it was before the log transformation. This is not what you want in your program where you call SIMPLEPLOT_REDRAW@ for logarithmic data that has been changed.

So at the moment SIMPLEPLOT_REDRAW@ is not doing what you want in this code and it is presumably restoring old data that is no longer valid.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusion reigns !
putting aside the fact that I thought %PL had been put on the backburner for other remaining 'bugs' (one day those will have to be ironed out you know) , I'm always confused with the continued use of 'Simpleplot' wherever it occurs.
I thought Native %PL was completely independent of ye olde simpleplot ? Hence I assumed that Simpleplot_redraw must have been 'converted' to Native %PL useage.
Or am I missing something ?
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
Somehow older simpleplot_redraw@ was doing both rescaling and refresh. It probably had a restriction new simpleplot_redraw@ does not have: in multi-plot the first array always must define Y_max

As to overflow if size(array) and undefined some variable in 32bits, these seems are two bugs of FTN95. First one should be either error or zero, as the array is not yet allocated. And second error is indeed due to undefined values and 32 bit compiler catched it while /64 missed. Currently FTN95 /64 still misses a lot undefined variables.
Both lines can be commented out, they are not used. There are some other undefined variables all of which can be initialized as =0. This does not change the fact that simpleplot_redraw@ crashes even in 32bits due to possibly the reason you have just mentioned.

John, Yes, the new name plot_redraw@ or pl_redraw@ has to be introduced.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

I think that a new routine is the simplest option and I have called it PLOT_REDRAW@.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I could be wrong but I think Paul's earlier comment :-
Quote:
When using log scales the current SIMPLEPLOT_REDRAW@ is for use when resizing, and when the data has not changed but needs to be restored to what it was before the log transformation.

points in the direction of the problem.
If you remember, right at the beginning of the ative %PL experience, the user was expected to input the logarithmic converted data not the raw data. Paul quickly changed that.
I guess it's just that simpleplot_redraw picks up that converted logarithmic data and stores it somewhere from where it's being picked up rather than being re-calculated, even though the raw data is being changed ... or something similar.
That would explain why it only affects log plots and not linear (I'm assuming this problem doesn't manifest itself if you change to linear plots)

Well done Paul for the effort on this one. Keep up the good work.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see...

http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3827
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul for the efforts. Now demo code does not crash but unfortunately also does not update the plot. The previous "Crashing Case" has to behave the same way like "Working Case" behaved: when you keep clicking on radiobuttons the appropriate plots have to appear or disappear. Does it work on your computer exactly this way?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

Is it possible to share your code more widely so that others might get involved in trying to work out how to fix this?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
As a hint, besides this my demo, other my codes fail to start with this new beta. One is complaining at stack overflow at second line (could be first actually as 64bit version was wrongly identified first executable line )

iSysYRES= GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN),

and another immediately exits with not yet clear reason.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan. I will await your code that demonstrates the fault.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I tried to simplify the demo by removing the necessity of reading big data files and processing it before plotting. Since plotted data is much smaller of course, I preliminary saved it on harddrive and when run the new demo I just loaded it right before plotting. The result was that this new demo also failed to plot the data dynamically on the simpleplot_update@ when I click on different radiobuttons but did not crash. This means that it's still better to use my older demo as it clearly has more useful "bugged" information.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

As far as I recall, I don't have anything useful from you to work on at the moment.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, see my email on May 28.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: