forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenGL Animation Example - missing file 'danimate.ins'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: OpenGL Animation Example - missing file 'danimate.ins' Reply with quote

While investigating Sid's problem I came across and tried to compile the documented OpenGL example here:
https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/opengl/animationandmultiplewindows.aspx

It fails because the INCLUE-ed file 'danimate.ins' doesn't exist.
I searched for it in both the ftn95 installation directory and also in the ftn95Examples directory, but no luck finding it.

Any idea where it is Paul ?
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this file has got lost. I can't find it on my machine.

A probable reconstruction for danimate.ins is

Code:
      logical window1_active,window2_active,do_draw(2)
      integer devicecontext(2),renderingcontext(2)

The program fails to run correctly and the runtime message is "No OpenGL buffers are open".

I am guessing that the program ran correctly when it was written but that OpenGL has moved on since then. I will make a note that this needs to be investigated.

OpenGL samples that did run (last time I tested them) can be found in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\FTN95 Examples\OpenGL, assuming you use the C drive and you have installed the standard samples.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Paul

I'd checked in the examples directory so saw all those other examples.
I shall give them a try as and when I get time.

Just one point, I'm sure there are many folk who don't even know that the examples directory is put there.
Maybe it would be agood idea to modify the program install for future releases so that the user is prompted (as to where the files will be put) and given the option to specify a different directory.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: