forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BringWindowToTop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulMather

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: BringWindowToTop Reply with quote

My program contains the following line:
OK=BringWindowToTop(main_window_handle)
Slink says BringWindowToTop is missing.
It didn't seem to have any effect on the runtime behaviour of the program, but I do recollect seeing some correspondence about the routine, perhaps in this forum (yes, I've done several searches without finding anything. I guess that my program is not trying to execute this statement because the user has chosen a series of options that do not require BringWindowToTop but I won't always be so lucky. Is there any other way of bringing a window to the top of the pile?

Thanks for reading this

Paul Mather
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringWindowToTop is declared, for example, via INCLUDE <WIN32API.INS>. You could alternatively use WINDOW.INS or one of the equivalent modules.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that %ww[topmost] keeps the window on top, as distinct from bringing a window to the top, if that's any help.

Eddie
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this post has once again brought about a revelation for me ... a RTFM type revelation .....
I've discovered this nugget of a page (via a google search, when looking for 'INCLUDE Win32appi.ins' which I'd personally never seen before) ...
http://www.silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/util/compileroptionsanddirectivesforwindows.aspx
It's a v.g. description of what the 'INCLUDE' directives, and 'WINAPP' are all about.
Everyone who uses FTN95 should read and absorb it.

Of particular interest also for the speed-tuners amongst yee are the suggestions there to create you're own customised user-defined files to include' instead of the full ones containing thousands of definitions ('the full set'), which will dramatically speed up compile times.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as the original question is concerned , Paul (Mather) your:
Quote:
It didn't seem to have any effect on the runtime behaviour of the program

is a bit disconcerting.

Shouldn't it create a fatal error at link time Paul (Laidler) ???

Whether or not the user might select or not a particular option(s) (Paul M's hypothesis) is kind of waiting fo the horse to bolt out of the stable door.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing that the call was just commented out.

p.s. Edited comment - it's British summer time so not quite so early as it seems.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't that be:
Quote:
'it's british summertime so it's actually earlier than it seems'

or
Quote:
'it seems not to be so early as it actually is'

(since the clocks go back in the autumn, so 5h48 would be in reality 4h48 in real time ... GMT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW_MJRscgHE&pbjreload=10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: