forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch file in Plato Ftn 95

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ameda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Batch file in Plato Ftn 95 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have batch file running in ftn 77 and now I want to run it using Plato in ftn 95 environment . Can some one help me in processing the batch file.
mecej4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need Plato to run batch files. Simply replace "FTN77" by "FTN95" in your batch file; open an FTN95 command window from the Start Menu or otherwise; change to the working directory, if necessary, and run the batch file.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If take the route of not using Plato and follow the suggestion of Mecej4 i'd add that Windows with its own Command Prompt is extremely inconvenient to use, though this might be a matter of tastes. How many people use Windows Command Prompt and find it OK as is?

I do not use either Command Prompt directly or Plato. YMMV but to me MUCH more usable CommandPrompt-like environment, and I also use BAT files, is by using the file management software like Total Commander (wildly popular copy of Norton Commander in the era of DOS) which use around 50 million people worldwide who hate to type and prefer to click or use intuitive keyboard shortcuts. I even use 6 of them working simultaneously for convenience painted with different colors. It is immensely useful set of tools for programmers to copy, ZIP, compare, sort, view, edit etcetcetc. I even use similar apps (but from different authors) on the cellphone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: