forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resources with 64 bit FTN95 and Visual Studio 2015

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanLambley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Resources with 64 bit FTN95 and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

How do I compile and link the resources file into my project?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian

SRC with /R and /BINARY does not work with the current release. This has now been fixed. The other possibility is that the Visual Studio plug-in for FTN95 is not calling SRC with these options.

Take a look at the build log to see if SRC is being called and let me know what you find.

At a more elementary level, if you add your resource script to your project files then SRC ought to be called at compile time. This is what happens with Plato.
IanLambley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
Sorry for the delay:
I added my resource script to the list of source files. It seems to be ignored and SRC is not invoked. This has to be done manually.
The build log has no sign of "SRC"
The link ".inf" file does not have the resource loaded. The "windows" option is not present in the link file.
Just tried it in the latest distribution and there is no change.
I'm using Visual Studio 2015.
Regards
Ian
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian

I can't test this out for you (I don't have VS 2015 installed on my machine) but you could try adding a RESOURCES directive to the end of your main program. This would come at the end of a file and would be followed by the text of the script.

FTN95 will spawn SRC and produce a .res file. You might then be able to add this file to your project as a "reference" for the linker.

Failing that, you could try Plato. Plato might even accept the same project file.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, at an even more basic level, try first just launching the SRC.exe prog. with the resource file, nothing else.

I had(still have) a problem running (from the command line, x32) the test program that came with v8.3.279 beta release which boiled down to SRC not working at all, even with a single resource (a single icon) in the resouce file.
Maybe your problem could be related.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: