forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 5 VS2005 bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrTip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Version 5 VS2005 bug Reply with quote

I think this was a bug in the old version too but...

if I add text to compiler options launch arguments which is how I presume you get the debug to launch with a command line argument it noithing appears to happen.

ie

program cline

character(len=20) :: cmnam
character(len=20) :: line

line = cmnam
write(*,*)line

end program

will write out a string if called from the command line but do not print out nothing if called from within the VS

this appears only when running in WIN32 mode

it works fine in .NET mode

hope this is easy to fix !

Carl
DrTip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Setting command line in code Reply with quote

Hi All

I don't seem to be getting any responses on this so maybe I can request help for developing a work around

THis is the problem:

I have a third party dll that queries the command line some how, it is a WIN32 library and was developed in FTN77 this I know.

VS 2005 doesn't pass a command line when in WIN32 mode. I really want to use Visual Studio to do my debugging so I only have to work with one window open.

How do I fool this library into thinking it has the a command line?

I thought there was a set_command_line type subroutine in FTN95 whihc woudl do the trick but I appear to have imagined this.

I can see a C++/C type solution could work if I know what the address of the command line was.

sorry if this is easy but I am a bit stuck

Carl
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with Visual Studio in Win32 (when using Visual Studio as the debugger) mode and passing arguments to a program - this appears to be a non-trivial issue.

The only real workaround at present is to use SDBG spawned from inside Visual Studio (use Salford SDBG as debugger type) as you have no access to the code for the library (I assume) to modify that.

Sorry I can't be of more help at this stage.
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem has now been solved and the fix will be in a new build of the compiler/plugin that we will be issuing soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: