forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installation fails
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if SF quickly completed native %PL to do professional 1D X-Y, 2D surfaceplot and 3D OpenGL graphics done in one line of Fortran code and make good library of flashy demos/examples/videos, no one would be hesitant. Temporally 3D can be substituted with MATFOR

This is not an end. There exist continuation to get all that graphics even more exciting. But that's later.

On Fortran side there are also few exciting opportunities of growth, like further optimization of run speed, supporting GPU computing, parallelization

Just look and compare how Intel Fortran sells. Worst in all cases then FTN95 besides being optimized in Polyhedron tests and supporting parallelization it completely dominates landscape due to right advertisement and association with major computing name Intel.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked on a shelf and found my disks for Ver 1.14, dated 08-Jan-1998, complete with faded fax of serial number and install code.
I can't find any earlier version, so have been paying maintenance since then.
FTN95 has been my main Fortran compiler since then. The maintenance price has been extremely good value for what has been provided over 20 years.

I would recommend that all users should support FTN95's development with maintenance payments.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: