forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is 'GLUT32.DLL' ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Where is 'GLUT32.DLL' ? Reply with quote

Hi

Trying to worm my way into OpenGL using clearwin+. In the demo there is a prog (gear.f95) using routines from the glut-library working fine.

Plato's help on OpenGL has it, that a certain 'glut32.dll' is part of the compiler distribution but I could not find it my download (I am using Personal Edition).

Working on examples from the redbook (OpenGL Tutorial) I succeded to translate example #3 from c++ to fortran. But I receive the following errors:

If I blunder on the arguments of e.g. glutWireCone(..) I receive the compiler error message, that the number of arguments is not okay. But linking gives my an errormessage, that this routine is missing.

Ist that a question of the missing dll or of options to the linker ? BTW, the functions causing trouble are not part of the gear.f95 sample.

Any ideas ?

Norbert

(edit: had to try first with a small test message to make sure my new version ME does not mess up things...)
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norbert

If the DLL is not in the release you can download it after a simple Google search for glut32.dll.

The DLL must be in the current working directory or on the PATH.

In general if a DLL function is reported as missing but is not accessed then you should be able to run the program anyway.
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,

never thought, that glut32.dll would be such a 'common' object that it might be hunted down in google...

Norbert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: