forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 5.00 woes (1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Version 5.00 woes (1) Reply with quote

I've just upgraded to version 5.00 and found some minor issues, and a nasty. I'll do the nasty first:

Initialising an array within a type definition in a module causes the compiler to either generate an error when attempting to use the module: "error 681 - Error while reading MODULE definition file..." or causes the compiler to crash generating the following stack dump:

005013c4 getcon1(<ptr>structÄtype_definition,<ptr>void) [+0032]
004574fc consume_type_element(void) [+0664]
00457caa process_type_def(void) [+0125]
0045723e process_type_byte(<ref>enumÄlogical,<ref>enumÄlogical,<ref>enumÄlogical,<ref>en [+018c]
004582be read_module_entity(enumÄlogical)#1D [+0ac1]
00459a96 process_binary_module(int,enumÄlogical)#1D [+034b]
0045a282 process_use_stmt(<ptr>char,<ref>int) [+0264]
0040a953 parse_declaration_statement(<ptr>char,int,int,<ref>int) [+25e2]

Commenting out the array initialisation solves the problem, but this used to work in 4.91. The program below demonstrates the error message - I can only get the crash when using my big program but I guess its the same bug:

module TestMod
type TestType
real*4:: rarray(4) = 0.0 ! causes compiler error 681 - Error while reading MODULE definition file for TESTMOD
real*4:: iarray(9) = (/0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0/) ! as above, can also cause compiler crash
end type TestType
end module TestMod

program MainProgram
use TestMod

end program

Alan
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise for the regression which is entirely my fault.
It will affect all array initialisations that take place in a module (i.e. where an array is declared and initialised in one statement as illustrated in your sample).
I have fixed the problem but will wait a week or so to allow other feedback before releasing a patch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: