forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D stereoscopic viewer wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silicondale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: 3D stereoscopic viewer wanted Reply with quote

I have written 3D output for data and models to VTK and VRML (WRL) formats. Can view the VRML data in Cortona and the VTK in Paraview. While both claim to have stereoscopic 3D viewing options, both are rather unfriendly programs. Cortona seems to be available only as a web browser plug-in, while Paraview is horrendously complex and doesn't render colours correctly.

As a result, I just use View3dscene to inspect the VRML models on screen (2D). It has no 3D viewing capability.

I have a 3D-ready DLP projector which I can connect via HDMI. Does anyone know of a simple 3D viewer that I could use with this? All I need to do for now is navigate around point-clouds (albeit sometimes rather large point-clouds, up to 100 million points) from LIDAR surveys ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: