forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SALFLIBC.DLL gets set to 0 length
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, thanks for the input. I have run scans of my computer and nothing shows up. It might be the AV software itself, but there is no record in the logs.

Is it possible that the DLL is in the registry with two different paths, and there is some conflict with that? I build and test my installs on this same machine, same user. My install builder lets me register the DLLs if I so choose, and I have that option enabled. None of the other DLLs that I build on my own have been affected by this.

Dan, I ran the debugger, but no untoward results. As I said, it has been found only after a crash, a crash which occurred before the program got really running and no error dialogs was ever displayed.

I run the program a lot, when implementing changes, I might have 20 builds in a typical day, and will run the program at least that many times, checking each incremental change. Only when I have one of these odd crashes (when I'm trying stuff with various windows) does the DLL go wonky.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on Paul's last post, could you be looking at a virtual copy of the file ?
Explorer will display the virtual file properties.
I have virtual copies of files that are changed in directories that I do not have rights to; eg on windows 7 I have:

c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore/processor_mhz.txt
c:\Users\Campbell\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Silverfrost/cmptree.tce

You could check if there are files in \AppData\Local\VirtualStore that point to the dll ?

( I think the virtual tree name changed at Win10 )
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, thanks for the suggestion. I looked (both as my regular User account and as the ADMIN) and can find no other references to the DLL. I also searched the registry for any references, and none there either.

I have 4 copies of the DLL. One in the Program files under FTN95, 1 in the restribution folder, and 1 each in my installations folder (under Program Files) for a total of 4. They all have the same file size and date:

02/20/2017 10:19 AM 2,286,592 salflibc.dll

I'll keep looking for something that looks suspicious.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: