forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Studio versions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnkeays

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Visual Studio versions Reply with quote

I have a Microsoft action pack and it gives me all the versions of Visual Studio 2010,2013,2015,2017. To interface with the versions of AutoCAD I need to use variety of Visual Studios. The latest edition is 2017. Is FTN95 supported by 2017.

I am trying to locate where the sample *.sln files and the associated .f90 files so I can see what options I can use. I have been using C++ for triangulation routines and C# for data base type applications. I use dynamic structures in these programs but not in the old f77 programs.

In my old system I used f2c and then C or C++ with my own graphics routines. Always thought I should be using Opengl. I will need to go back and draw a line on a panel as that is the basis of most of my old Fortran code. I have used the Microsoft forms in c++ to do dialog boxes etc. I think I can change.

Any suggestions and help most welcome.

John Keays
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTN95 version 8.10 supports up to Visual Studio 2015.
johnkeays

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: visual studio cmake Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply..

Decided to go for VS 2015 and then add the opengl library to the project.

Downloaded version of opengl and am trying to locate where the libraries are located. the sample opengl seem to bomb on the library calls.

Seems like I need to workout clearwin++ and need to go through clearwin samples too.

got plato to work okay...

Cheers

john Keays
johnkeays

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

I want to see if I can get MessageBox test example working under 2015.load up the test example and it tries to update from 2008 to 2015. Seems to need systems.windows and system.windows.form as references. I am completely lost getting to the debug under checkmate/net/or win32 under release or debug. I think I need some other dlls to make it work.

Cheers

john Keays
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

It's not a problem but you have posted this query under FTN77 and you are not using that compiler. Perhaps "Support" is a better classification.

We have revisited the samples for the pending release and fixed a few issues so you may find it easier to work with the samples from the next release.

For the Message Box sample you will need to select the .NET platform. If you can't see that on the toolbar then use the "Configuration Manager" to select .NET. From the "Solution Explorer" window, right click on the solution and then find "Configuration Manager". Select "Active Solution Platform" as .NET.

If you can wait for the next release then the new sample pack should be much easier to use.
johnkeays

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for posting in the FTN77 group.

I am using the FTN95 samples and have loaded them in Visual Studio 2010 as it seems to need to convert from visual studio 6. I am trying .NET for the MessageBox example so I use the configuration in debug .net. The link creates the executeable in the /debug/messagebox.exe okay. So the link options maybe okay. So I added the system.windows.form as a reference as I though it might need that. It uses that style when I use Plato for compiling.

Now I think I need some other dll's so it will run in Windows. Happy to bumble through to get it to work. I just need some direction.

I can try in visual studio 2015 or 2017 if that is easier.

I think I got the plugin working... It compiles.

Cheers

John Keays
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

The problem with the existing sample probably relates to the project settings not missing DLLs. For example the path of the target may contain \.NET\ and this should be \NET\ (without the dot). Also the .NET version may not be consistently set. It may use version 2 at one point and version 4 at another. Use version 4 in both places.

That might fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: