forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

slink does not create archive when using listfile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: slink does not create archive when using listfile Reply with quote

I'm using the Visual Studio 2015 extension to compile Fortran into an archive (.lib) file for later consumption by a Microsoft Visual C++ project.

The Fortran project compiles but does not create an archive file. I have tracked it down to the slink command. Visual Studio issues a command of the following format to create the archive;

Code:
slink.exe -ARCHIVE:"Debug\Win32\FortranApplicationExtension1.lib" @"C:\Users\r\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\FortranApplicationExtension1\link.lst"

When issued in this way, slink just ignores the archive parameter and does not create it. I suspect that this is because of a bug to do with the listfile having precedence.

Rewriting the slink command manually at a cmd prompt to the following will create the file (shortened for clarity);

Code:
slink.exe -ARCHIVE:FortranApplicationExtension1.lib -ADDOBJ:file1.obj -ADDOBJ:file2.obj

Which outputs;

Code:
Creating archive: FortranApplicationExtension1.lib

I will try placing a build step after the .obj files have been created so that I can continue to use Visual Studio.

The bug means that it is not possible to use Visual Studio 2015 to create a Fortran archive project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: