forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64 bit ClearWin+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This class of functions has not been ported to 64 bits.
An alternative is to use DRAW_POLYGON@ and DRAW_FILLED_POLYGON@.
dgurok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I have created my own routines CREATE_POLYGON$ and FILL_POLYGON$ using DRAW_POLYGON$ and DRAW_FILLED_POLYGON$. My workaround works for my cases very nice.

Thanks.
simon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The help page on "64-bit ClearWin+" contains some typos. Under the section on primary changes, it indicates in a couple of places that the module winprm$ (should read mswinprm32) should be used instead of msw32prm. I think there is a similar error with winapi$, which should be mswinapi$, although I have not been trying to use that module.

From my understanding of the Help pages (which is not very strong!) I should be able to change all references to clrwin to clrwin$ and still compile from FTN95 in 32-bit mode. However, I get an error message when trying to use window_update$, which is not found. I think it is found in the 64-bit clrwin$ - I can find it using another compiler, but I have not been able to test it with FTN95 yet. I can get around the problem, apparently, by using window_update@ from clrwin, but I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which help pages you are using. If you can let me know I will check the details.

The main thing to note is that the $ endings for modules and routines are for use with third party compilers. If you are using only FTN95 to compile ClearWin+ code then I suggest that you avoid using the $ endings.
simon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response Paul. I found the typos in Silverfrost\FTN95\doc\clearwin64.txt, and when I searched from within Plato by clicking on Help ~ ClearWin+ ~ Index ~ 64 bit ClearWin+

The pages above also use the word "paralled" a couple of times, which I assume is "parallel".

The reason I changed from @ to $ everywhere is because the page says:

"There are two primary changes that are required in order to make ClearWin+ code accessible to both fx64 and FTN95 (so that it
can access salflibc.dll from FTN95 and ClearWin64.dll from fx64).

"First, ClearWin+ routines that end with the @ symbol must be changed so that they end with the $ (dollar) symbol."

I took the general meaning of the text and the specific reference to salflibc.dll (as opposed to salflibc64.dll) to imply that using the $ sign would make it possible to use the same code for compiling with FTN95 using both 32-bit and 64-bit, and for compiling in 64-bit with other compilers.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. The text will have been written before porting FTN95 to 64 bits. I will take look and aim to clarify the meaning.

Just to confirm, you should be able to use the $ endings from FTN95 but they are designed and intended for use with third party compilers. Also the $ routines will have an independent set of "missing routines".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: