Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:18 pm Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 8.10
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 8.10. This is available for download now to supported users.
- The FTN95 option /CHECK is now available in 64-bit mode
- The FTN95 option /OPTIMISE is now available in 64-bit mode and is still under development.
- 64-bit /CHECK includes a compile time check on winio@ arguments - that they have the correct type.
Initially this feature is only available with /64 /CHECK.
- SET_TRAP@, TRAP_EXCEPTION@, LABEL@ and JUMP@ are now available in 64-bit mode.
- A new FTN95 option /BINARY_FOLDER has been added. This allows the user to specify the path for the object
code (for example .obj or .dbk file). It provides an alternative to specifying the full path via /BINARY.
- ClearWin+: A native form of the winio@ graph control %pl is now available. See cwplus.enh for details.
- ClearWin+: Functions like COPY_TO_CLIPBOARD@ now have 64 bit equivalents COPY_TO_CLIPBOARD64@. See cwplus.enh for details.
- ClearWin+: The subroutine GET_FILTERED_FILE@ and the function GET_MULTIPLE_FILENAMES@ have been updated. See cwplus.enh for details
- ClearWin+: A tilde modifier can now be used with %ga in which case the list of "state controls" is replaced by a single array.
- ClearWin+: A tilde modifier can now be used with %ps in which case the list of "sheet handles" is replaced by a single array.
- ClearWin+: A new routine PROGRESS_BAR@ has been added that can be called before each call to DISPLAY_DIB_BLOCK@
- ClearWin+: A window with a %LW control variable CTRL has CTRL initially set to -1. Setting CTRL to zero or a positive value causes the window to close when WINDOW_UPDATE@(CTRL) is called. A new alternative is to set CTRL to -2 before a call to WINDOW_UPDATE@(CTRL) and this causes the window to close after a short delay. This can be used to seamlessly modify a window by closing the window and then recreating it with similar features and the same position and size.
- ClearWin+: CLEARWIN_INFO@("EXTENDED_ERROR") has been added. It provides the result of a call to the Windows API function CommDlgExtendedError().
- A new function called ProcessMemoryInfo@ has been added to the library. This provides easy access to the Windows API function GetProcessMemoryInfo.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 plug-in.
Outline summary of bugs that have been fixed:
- SDBG64 has had many issues fixed and features added
- A regression that limited a 64-bit ALLOCATE statement to 2GB size blocks has been fixed
- INTEGER*2 and INTEGER*1 division were failing in 64-bit mode.
- display_dib_block@ and get_dib_block@ were failing when used with very large arrays.
- The standard intrinsic GET_COMMAND_ARGUMENT was not giving a correct status in 32 bit mode and could omit the final character in 64 bit mode.
- Problems calling DLLs that reside above 4GB in 64-bit mode have been fixed