forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLot the graphs in FTN95

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sreenikftn95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: PLot the graphs in FTN95 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am new to FTN95 & its plato IDE. I know little on fortran programming but i 'd like to know, how to generate graphs (2D/3D) using this software?

- for example, Y = fn(x), is a polynomial. How to plot in graph?

- Can any one have the sample code for this/tutorial (step-by-step) on this grphics using FTN95?

If so please send me to the following email id: sreenikatikala@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,
Sreeni
mecej4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a complete example in the recent post by Dr. Laidler, http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3255&start=30. Simply replace the expression to the right of "y(i) = " with the polynomial that you desire.

To learn Fortran and usage of FTN95, read the documentation and look for online Fortran tutorials. The language has been with us for about sixty years, so there is plenty to read.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's also worth pointing out Screeni that the capabilities have only just been updated very recently (hence the post linked above) and that it is NOT included in the downloadable version (currently v8.05) but needs the substitution 'by hand' of certain files (dlls) with beta versions.

These are referenced at the top of the linked post BUT there is another later post here:-
http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3357
which has become the default post for discussing what we now refer to as 'native %pl' .
You need to read back from the bottom of the LAST page of the post I give above to find the last set of dll updates - version '13' is last one at time of writing this (documentation of the new capabilities is also included therein, as is mentioned in the 2 posts.
You need to read that documentationTOGETHER WITH the existing official documentation for %pl , which is still valid for what we refer to as the Simpleplot version of %pl, as well as giving the overall format of the command. You should use the new 'option' to call the 'native' version and capabilities of the code.
The official documentation will only be updated upon release of a new version.
This is still a work in progress so you'll see no doubt further posts to that same thread, which resolve any issues identified (remember it's a 'beta' release) and maybe little by little new features are incorporated.

You'll find that the forum, once you've got used to it, is extremely good with Dr Laidler at the helm along with a number of excellent and highly experienced users.

The documentation overall is a bit eclectic and you have to have a bit oìf patience as everything is there (somewhere) but sometimes takes time and often a little pointer from someone on the forums to dig it out. Don't be afraid to ask but try to familiarise yourself as much as possible with the various sources . The 'Clearwin+' manual in pdf format is pretty good for an introduction to the menuing capabilities , even though it isn't updated anymore so a lot of the newer capabilities won't be in there.
The HELP file integrated in the program and the one on the website (in theory I believe with the same content) is updated, although personally I find it sometimes like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack.
There's also a file with a list of enhancements/improvements (sometimes with quite a bit of detail included and things which are not (yet) documented elsewhere.

For the forum, I suggest you just stare at the list of 'Topics' in the forum first to see where you should post things. Your previous post you put in the 'Plato' sectionbut should really have gone in the 'Clearwin' section (but obviously as a new user you weren't to know that.

Note also that you can run FTN95 in either 32bit or now 64bit mode. Any queries/problems running in 64bit mode should be posted in the '64bit' Topic as it is still in beta-plus tuser-esting phase really.

Good Luck.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the posts. Just in case you are wondering, I feel more comfortable being called Paul, although the respect was appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: