forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortran modernisation workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about this NEW FORUM TOPIC I suggested then ?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

How about "New Quick XY Plot Facility %pl" ?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agustin

The concept of allowing n=0 has been implemented and also the pen styles PS_SOLID etc.. I will upload a new set of DLLs when a different issue has been resolved.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Even though I don't use Simpleplot myself, may I express gratitude that you have updated it? I know you used your usual device of saying nothing until you produced the finished product, but regulars on the Forum know that is your style! %pl is a potentially strong selling point of Clearwin+

I also welcome the idea that a %pl window can be created without data. It is a windows norm that users create windows with various parts deactivated rather than have them changing windows layouts on the fly, so the n=0 option fits with that paradigm.

Similarly, when you made data input windows turn into write only when %il limits were the same. Such refinements make Clearwin+ conform more closely to the way the majority of Windows applications work.

I'm assuming that the new %pl works in both 32 and 64 bit mode.

Eddie
aebolzan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you are right...and I am in a similar situation you mention....that's why I asked for more curve styles and symbols, but considering the work Paul is having these days with the compiler, I understand that he cannot deviates too much from the timetable Siverfrost has with the 64 compiler. With the 64 compiler Simpleplot is definitively dead, so any improvement with Clearwin plot facilities is more than welcome. The possibility of using %pl from the very beginning of the run where no data is available yet for plotting is, at least for me, a first step in such direction.

P.S. this was a replay to John's comment about "... unless you work in an office which limits the use of colour printing :O) !!! ".......
aebolzan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

DanRRight wrote:
John,

How about "New Quick XY Plot Facility %pl" ?

I agree with you.....this subject has nothing to do with "fortran modernisation workshop", so I support the idea to move the next comments or replays about the new %pl implementation to a new "Topic"

Agustin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued as a new topic under ClearWin+.
silicondale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended this workshop and found it very useful. It was actually an advanced training course ("workshop" can mean a lot of different things!). Daresbury isn't the easiest place to get to, but it was well attended - by academics. I think I was the only industry representative who attended, and also the only Silverfrost Fortran user.
Some excellent advice on refactoring (=updating) old code, also much on interface data formats NetCDF and HDF5. Unfortunately although these are open-source, you must compile and build your own library.
Also much time on parallelising Fortran code. Not very useful as neither of the main methods discussed (OpenMP and MPI) seems to be available in Silverfrost Fortran.
A host of other subjects covered, in greater or lesser detail. Please contact me off-board for further information about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: