forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can program font size be increased in a PLATO window?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Wright

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: How can program font size be increased in a PLATO window? Reply with quote

As a FTN95 beginner on PLATO, I find the font size of displayed programs (on my "Windows 10" PC) - opened as "new", or "old" for editting - quite difficult to see (impaired vision). Is there some simple way to increase the size? E.G. in the "Chrome" internet browser, and some others, pressing CTRL and the "+" or "-" keys works nicely. I've scanned the help topics and looked at all the current forum pages without any luck so far!

In the "Settings" location of "windows 10" I've tried the "Magnifier", but found it a very jerky/jumpy action, and it only allowed me to switch between 100% and 200% magnification - 150% would have been ample for me!
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 10 has a 'Settings' option in the Start menu (just above 'Power') and on my PC, you can set 125%, 150% etc.
Don Wright

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: How can program font size be increased in a PLATO window? Reply with quote

Thank you for the tip! I will have a closer look at things. When I entered the "magnifier" I got a small rectangular box with circled "+" and "-" signs inside. Clicking on those just switched between 100% and 200%.

I'll go back and fiddle around till I can choose a range that's more suitable for me - of course the larger magnification (the 200%) would make it a bit "jumpy/jerky" with the slightest of mouse movements!

Thank you again - at least I now know it's possible! Very Happy
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also you can increase the font size of your code from within Plato.

Go to the Options dialog on the Tools menu and select Font and Colours. Then change the Size.

Alternatively, hold down the Control key and move the spin wheel on your mouse. If you have a touch screen, you can adjust the text size with a pinch movement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: