forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debugger tooltips missing from VS2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Debugger tooltips missing from VS2010 Reply with quote

After moving to Win10, I have upgraded to FTN95 Personal Edition v7.0 which includes integration to VS2010.
Everything seems fine except that I don't have any tooltips in the debugger, so I cannot hover over a variable to check its value.
Locals, Watch and Quick-Watch all work ok, but are not half as convenient as hovering (which worked with the VS2008 integration).
I did find this post on a MSDN-VS-Integrate site:

"I have now solved this problem. The behaviour of GetDataTipText has changed in VS2010 and returning E_NOTIMPL does not produce a standard data tip."

which came from a Silverfrost developer, but don't know whether the problem was solved or his understanding of the problem!

Anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks,

Kevin
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the integration is for VS 2012 as here:-
http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=2586

If the problem is because yo uhave th elower VS 2010 and there's some incompatability then maybe you could try installing the free community version of VS which I think is 2013 and maybe that would help.
KennyT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, if you haven't yet solved this, try here:

http://winaero.com/blog/enable-balloon-notifications-in-windows-10-and-disable-toasts/

windows 10 turns off "balloon" tooltips by default!!!

K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: