forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plato 4.72 compiling in reverse order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Plato 4.72 compiling in reverse order Reply with quote

I have a project containing about 60 modules. With previous versions of Plato, running "Rebuild Dependencies" never seemed to put the files in a very sensible order and so I would always disallow dependency checking and force the compilation order by manually editing the .ftn95p file. In 4.72 the problem seems to have gotten even worse. With dependency checking switched on Plato has been trying to compile the files in almost exactly the opposite order in which they need to be compiled. Keeping the dependency checking switched off solves the problem, but it is rather annoying having to edit the order of all the files in the .ftn95p file.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm that a "Rebuild" does not work. Makes sure that all .mod files are deleted and confirm that the compiler complains about missing modules.
simon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuild and Build both have the same effect - they compile backwards. Deleting the .MOD files and running Clean seem to be insufficient: it seems that I have to quite Plato completely in order to get the files to recompile in the correct order again.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked this out on two projects involving modules. One project is the simplest possible case with just two files, the other is a complex project with hundreds of modules in 273 files. For me both work as designed.

If you are able to zip up a representative project and send it to me then I will check it out for you.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now run a further test and it looks like there is something that needs fixing. So please wait for a further posting on this subject.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: