forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plato crashes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stan39

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Plato crashes Reply with quote

I am trying to run Plato v 4.7.0 on a relatively new computer running under Win10. Plato starts, allows me to recover the project I'm working on, but then refuses to SAVE the project or any of its files when I've finished making changes. This failure comes with an error msg (apparently from the O/S) that reads as follows:

"Plato has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Of course, Windows never notifies me of anything. I've had this problem off and on ever since I bought the full Silverfrost package 2.5 months ago.

When I get this failure, it is usually possible to go back to Plato v 4.21, the older but free version, and recover my work there.

So here are a few questions:
1) Are the 2 different versions of Plato compatible with each other in the sense that either one should be able to understand the project file (.ftn95p) that has been created?
2) If I need different project files for each version of Plato, do I need to maintain separate folders for them to distinguish one from the other? Or can I just give them different names?
3) I have uninstalled and re-installed my full version of the Silverfrost compiler and its Plato IDE at least 3 times. What other things should I try?
4) What am I missing here? What is probably causing these problems in the Plato IDE?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan

A new version of Plato will released very soon so perhaps the best way forward is to see if it resolves your problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: