forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't find the object file
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Express version is 5.4 (as stated on the Express page
http://silverfrost.com/52/ftn95_express.aspx
and has been all the 3 yeras or so I've been on the forum.

I had problems galore trying to install/run it on Win 7, and even on Win XP (for one thing, where some of the environment variables are not set properly if you use anything but the default installation location).

I remember at some point asking if/when Express was going to be updated to a more recent version but I don't think there was ever a reply.
I think that might be to do with the fact that it incorporates a 'free' old version of the MS VStudio shell.
It could be that it's simply that which is not compatible with Win 10.

Someone posted quite recently about a new free version of Visual Studio (Community edition ? or suchlike).
Maybe installing that and then afterwards the ftn95 Express edition would work better (although obviously only v5.4).
I don't know about installing the Personal version over an installed edition of VS Community edition but I seem to remember someone did it fine.
It's something which really does need documentation of 'How to ...' (and /or 'Don't Do ....' ) update imo or a whole batch of potentialusers will fall by the roadside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: