forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program fails in Windows10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter.bladon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Program fails in Windows10 Reply with quote

A program that runs OK under Windows 7, fails when run in a Windows 10
environment. It makes no difference whether the program was compiled under Windows 7 or 10. The hardware environment is essentially the same since the Windows 10 was obtained using the MS Offered upgrade. abd I have retained a (disk to disk) copy of the Windows 7 ebivonment.

Has anyone else had this sort of trouble (windows 7 vs Windows 10)?

The failure is associated with changing directories and requesting filesname for accessing a data file.

What happens is the program just exits no error message and no indication which of the (fouR) possible STOP instructions has been used (when I have put in diagnostics at the appopriate places).

I can give more detailsls
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a fleeting moment of incompatibility that resolved itself when Windows 10 downloaded some updates. Even Windows 10 needed several updates before parts of it would work reliably. This was a netbook running a connection to the internet via wiFi. My desktop machine with wired connection updated much more quickly.

There are other posts on problems with opening files, and an 'obvious' error might be to check for the windows version and not allow for all possible answers.

Eddie
mecej4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the program exited with no error message, how did you determine that the cause is related to directories and files?

You can add a string after each STOP (for example, STOP 'AAAA', STOP 'BBBB', etc.) to tell you which one was encountered in the run.

Not much more can be said without being able to see the source code.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI
Installed not that solid as always early Win10 just to have a own Microsoft virus protection as my own missed a virus i catched on some website and in two months already crashed twice losing a lot of job. It becomes unstable when resources are drawn by numerous programs loaded. Causing screen blank dfor few seconds, and eventuially display driver fails and computer self restarts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: