forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 8.1 and up with 4K display laptop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Windows 8.1 and up with 4K display laptop Reply with quote

Windows 8.1 (64-bit, Home, factory installed): After installing Plato, I opened the main window, but the icons were too small to view and the menu bar text was kind of smashed together.

I thought it might be Windows 8.1 itself messing with things, so I went ahead and installed the upgrade.

Windows 10 (64-bit, Home): Same result.

The laptop is an Asus ZenBook UX501JW. The display is 4K compatible (3840x2860).

I get a similar result with another piece of software, but the icons are large enough to discern and the menu bar is not scrunched (EditPad Pro).

On the desktop system (1680x1050, Windows 10, Pro). there is no issue with icons or text.

Have others seen this behavior? I have read a few posts on the Forum about higher density displays and a few issue with determining screen sizes, etc. I'm wondering if they are somehow connected.

In any case, Plato is only marginally usable on the laptop.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that there is an easy solution to this problem. You could reduce the screen resolution to about half on each dimension (my display works OK on 1920x1080). In the longer term Plato can be fixed so that it can handle these new high resolution displays.
wahorger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul. I figured as much.

Eagerly awaiting that day!
Bill
wahorger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did reduce the displayed resolution (1920x1280), and it did "solve" the problem.

For the present, it also has solved a couple of problems with other programs that exhibit similar (but not as dramatic) behavior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: