forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linewidth in OpenGL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanLambley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,
Yes that was why. The point of my post was that Dan had been having problems getting the routine to work at all. This showed that it can work and I think the main problem was the position of the call, i.e. it cannot be between a glbegin and glend. But it could also be caused by the implementation on Dan's computer, version of Opengl32.dll or hardware or graphic acceleration etc. Your test on a Lenovo machine shows that there are differences in hardware/software.
Regards
Ian
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Ian, that was good catch, thanks, this program does compile with no problems and changes line width.

Though it changes line width globally, while i need linewidth change for each individual line, surprisingly it goes with no errors or complaints about this damn absent real*4 program. *How on earth this could be* ?

Currently my workaround with not working linewidth is by plotting many slightly shifted lines around the one in the center

Last edited by DanRRight on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
IanLambley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a miracle!
Just call the routine before the glbegin perhaps?

Now maybe more people will use OpenGL.

I would love to but stopped because I could not get the screen picking of entities to work. Also I wanted to put a 2D overlay on a 3D picture but haven't a clue. If you have some examples I would be pleased to see them as no doubt would many others and perhaps an OpenGL index entry on this site would be useful.

You are up very early this morning, or just haven't gone to bed yet. Take a break and have a good sleep without nightmares of OpenGL.

Ian
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be glad if you return and moany others start with OpenGL.

I will send you few examples which are totally diletantic by intuition and were done long ago, but they still look hell beautiful.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be glad if you return and others start exchanging experience with OpenGL.

I will send you few examples which are totally diletantic and were made by intuition long ago, but they still look hell beautiful. The 2D over 3D is done super easy by the way
IanLambley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan, I look forward to seeing them. Then I will be able to sleep in peace as well, but only after a couple of years of working 24 hours a day!
Ian
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two zipped fortran 77 texts on OneDrive and compilation files.

Take the whole link, this forum highlights only portion of it. Those examples now are heavily embedded into my code and do general plotting as well as plot specific outputs of the code

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=51A5F9B536E1368D!365&authkey=!AF7OKBA-lVYsjcw&ithint=file%2czip

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=51A5F9B536E1368D!366&authkey=!AKwZiK56ZL_Rh8c&ithint=file%2czip

All are welcome to use them too. Email addresses there are obsolete

Last edited by DanRRight on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
IanLambley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan,
I have downloaded them but need to go to work now. I'll have a look later.
Regards
Ian
DanRRight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, since several people here use and develop CFD methods for their goals, i think, it would be beneficiary for them and all users of FTN95 if they move Dolphin package to FTN95. Currently Dolphin authors recommend g95 which is so-so compiler. Since Dolphin is open package this will bring a lot of new people to FTN95 and OpenGL. We current users need an order of magnitude more adopters of FTN95 to get the changes, fixes and optimization done faster.

Let's start the advertisement campaign promoting FTN95 on internet. For a quarter of century i am amazed that this compiler being best of the best in so many areas is totally unknown to the people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: