forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curiocities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the new version available from yesterday?
If so, are you sure that you are actually using the new version?
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the v7.2 is only available for 'registered' i.e. paying clientele initially DanR (I assume you're referring to the 'Personal' version link on website). Same was true of 7.0 to 7.1 update, it was several months before it became available in personal version.

Last edited by John-Silver on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Campbell, your revised example you poasted is exactly as Dan's example when the '/' is overlooked.
The problem is clear,

Ct_Hull(j,i,k)(iii)

there is no operand between the 2 expressions enclosed in '(....)' 's .
The compiler doesn't recognize what to do then.

I guess the question still remains as to why it flags up a ':' when there clearly isn't one, although as you say, and I think I mentioned before in a round about way, it would seem to indicate a problem with interpretation of that against the array dimensions i.e. maybe the compiler is saying 'eh , watch out , looks like you might have been trying to define an array with 4 dimensions but there's a comma missing, and too many brackets, and in any case the array's only declared as 3 dimensions ! If you see what I mean.

Anyway, Paul's going to have a gander when he has a moment free so I'm sure we'll find out the real explanation before long.

That's what i like about this forum, lots of interesting discussions and ideas to mull over and learn from, with a better and more rapid than usual response from the programs creators too :O)
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note at the end, that it is still a devilry until one finds how this is possible that *** I did not fix the error*** (because obviously I did not know what it was till the page 3 of this thread) but as I wrote ***the source code somehow fixed itself***.

Decently though there exist some small chance, which I do not remember, that trying to resolve abrupt crazy problem appeared from nowhere in the middle of the night, angry, I tried everything and pushed Ctrl+Z to undo this spurious space symbol which might land into editor
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Campbell's strange error report earlier in this thread has been changed to "Bracketed expression found where one was not expected".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: