forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stack size syntax

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Stack size syntax Reply with quote

Hi !

Could someone explain to me please, how to change the stack size. Under Plato 3; Project; Properties; Linker Options;
Set Win32 stack size, I don't understand how to enter the new stack size, that is, how to use the following instruction:

"Set the stack size to something other then the default, enter the size required (-STACK:reserve[,commit])"

Regards

Darko Grosev

PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Stack size syntax Reply with quote

Darko

Enter the new stack size as a decimal value in the edit box towards the bottom of the dialog box.
This is the "reserve" value which has a default of 50MB. Plato3 inserts the "-STACK:" in the linker command for you. You probably do not need the optional "commit" value.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Stack size syntax Reply with quote

Paul,

Could you please give me an example of a " -stack:reserve[,commit] " command.
I would use it in slink commands.txt, which implies interactive mode.

My recolection of stacksize commands is thay are more variable that the record length definition of a fortran file.
Some linkers use octal, decimal or hex; some bytes, kb or mb; and I never know which one.

Thanks again for your valued support

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Stack size syntax Reply with quote

John

From memory I would say...

STACK <reserve> [, <commit>]

for example

STACK 104857600

for 100MB.

But you can find the details in the help file under Win32 Platform->Using the linker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: