forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95 Reply with quote

I have successfully used the Knowledge base solution with Matlab R14SP2. It works very well. However I have a question about debugging.

I have added the debug flag to the mexopts.bat file under COMPFLAGS and generated a .dll which should have debug symbols. How do I debug this file though

I have tried to attach to the matlab.exe process in VS2003 IDE but when the dll is loaded it says no symbols were loaded.

Where am I going wrong, or is there a better source level debugging approach??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Andrew Hutchinson
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95 Reply with quote

I hava not tried to debug and I don't see how you can debug into the Fortran source.
You are probably the first to try to do this. If you have any success please let us know.
jjgermis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also trying to use FTN95 with MATLAB but it could not get it working. Salford FTN95 is not a default list of compilers that is automatically supported by MATLAB. Even trying the MATLAB documentation example does not work. The is no refenerenece to an external library. Below
are 2 lines form the example. engOpen must be the instruction to open the MATLAB engine.

integer engOpen, engGetVariable, mxCreateDoubleMatrix

ep = engOpen('matlab ')

Question: How do I connect my Salford fortran program to the MATLAB engine?

Thanks
Jacques
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95 Reply with quote

Jacques

Have you looked at the item on MATLAB in the Silverfrost forum knowledge base (KBASE)?

jjgermis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95 Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I have already found and tried the knowledgebase entry (Using MATLAB 6.5 and later versions with FTN95). This only explains how to create a mex subroutine that can be called as a MATLAB-function within MATLAB.

What I would like to do is the other way around, to call a MATLAB math routine from my fortran program. For this purpose MALTAB provides a so called "MATLAB engine". The engine library commands are explained well, but I do not know how to connect with the engine library.

A small tipp as to where to start searching would help a lot.

Thanks!

Jacques
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Using MatLab 6.5 (and later versions) with FTN95 Reply with quote

Jacques

I do not know how to do this. However you should note that MATLAB uses the STDCALL protocol so your Fortran code will probably need to take account of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: