forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Execution2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Execution Reply with quote

Hi Paul: May have spoke too soon, still getting interrupts when I try to "step into" to step through execution, seems to be intermittent, only on win 7. Have reloaded the system, made all of Microsoft updates, not sure what is causing the error, always get the message error in kernelbase.dll recognizing a variable called "LEAVE", guess I will just be resigned to use Win 8 and quit wasting time! If you discover something else related to this problem, please let me know, Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
stfark1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Options Reply with quote

Hi Paul Laidler: Sid Kraft Here, When I am debugging, If I do not have any variables displayed on screen, I can "hover" over a variable and the system shows me what the value is in Plato. If I have any variables set to display on the screen, the "hover" activity does not display the value. Is there an option that I can set to get both functions activated at same time? please let me know, Sid
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no option for this. You should also get the "hover" display when variables are displayed in a window.

This should be the case when using Plato as an integrated debugger and when launching SDBG from Plato and when launching SDBG from a command line.
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: "Hover" Reply with quote

Well Paul: What can I say, not getting the values when I "hover" with variable(s) displayed on screen, only when non displayed, then "hover" works fine. Sid Kraft
DanRRight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another problem with SDBG under command prompt. It appeared 3-4 years ago and I see it on 7 and 8 Windows on all computers (I did not check other versions because not sure it is Windows related after making SDBG compatible with XP in settings). This appears not immediately to tell here exactly with demo code.

When you debug and open/close/open several windows displaying some variables after scrolling/listing/moving the source text with keyboard PgUp and PgDn keys, the hovering window starts to appear by itself in spontaneous place where some variable landed on mouse pointer during Pg Up and Dn. Very, very annoying. You need then to put mouse aside from any source text to be able to list the text with the keyboard. Anyone have seen that? I am surprised no one complained so far.
stfark1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Kernalbase.dll Reply with quote

Hi Paul: I got the error again from a different location in the "kernelbase.dll" library program from a totally different version of windows. I was running windows 7 Ultimate version and switched to Windows 8.1. This ran for a while and I suddenly started getting the "stack overflow" problem and related to the library routine "kernelbase.dll". After much experimentation, I reduced the possibilities to two versions of windows and finally got the compiler to execute programs under the win 7, 32bit version of software. Apparently, there is a problem that the Silverfrost software runs into with the windows 64 bit version of software. I believe this also includes win 8.1 as I believe that it runs under the 64 bit software architecture. I would suggeste that your analysts review running Silverfrost Fortran under both the 32 bit op sys and the 64 bit op sys, seems to run into problems with the 64 bit version. Thanks, let me know, Sid Kraft.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With problems of this kind it is advisable to check that you are using the latest version of FTN95 and that your operating system has the latest updates.

If the problem remains then we will aim to look into it if you can send the (short) program code together with details of the operating system in question.
jalih

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Kernalbase.dll Reply with quote

stfark1 wrote:
This ran for a while and I suddenly started getting the "stack overflow" problem and related to the library routine "kernelbase.dll". After much experimentation, I reduced the possibilities to two versions of windows and finally got the compiler to execute programs under the win 7, 32bit version of software. Apparently, there is a problem that the Silverfrost software runs into with the windows 64 bit version of software. I believe this also includes win 8.1 as I believe that it runs under the 64 bit software architecture.

You could put a simple example that shows the problem available somewhere. Here in the forums are people with many different computer setups, that could do some testing. Also, you could give some information about your application like the type (.NET or pure win32), possible exception code and general information like is the recursion involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: