forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error 410: A function called from within an I/O statement has itself performed I/O

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Error 410: A function called from within an I/O statement ha Reply with quote

Hello,

my application crashes when doing a simple WRITE(6,'(A)') 'Test' in a function.

I have checked that the result of this function is never written directly
i.e. WRITE(*,*) MyFunction() do not exist.

When the error occurs I have the following call-stack:

Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary.RuntimeError(Int32 n)
Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary1.displayError(int,<ptr>char,enumÄlogical)(Int32 errornumber, SByte* lname, Int32 syserror)
Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary1.errorHandler(int,<ptr>char,enumÄlogical)(Int32 errornumber, SByte* lname, Int32 syserror)
Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary1.beginIO(enumÄActionCode)(Int32 action)
Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary1.parseEntryCode(unsignedÄint,<ptr>void,int,enumÄActionCode)(UInt32 code, Void* value, Int32 stringlength, Int32 action)
Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary1._IniWrSeqFrmC(Int32 code, SByte* value, Int32 stringlength)
MyLib.MyFunction()

Is it possible that an error in my WRITE statement triggers the function displayError that fails to display the real error because it appens in an I/O statement (recursive I/O statements) and finally crashes with this error?

Thanks.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Error 410: A function called from within an I/O statement ha Reply with quote

It is simpler if you reduce the program to a few lines and post a "working" program that demonstrates the problem.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Error 410: A function called from within an I/O statement ha Reply with quote

Alright I will try to isolate the problem but it is not systematic then I am not sure to succeed.
Thanks.
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Error 410: A function called from within an I/O statement ha Reply with quote

L.E.

I reported this problem on 25th October 2005

My case involved an OpenGL graphics screen refresh which required information to be written to a text variable prior to being displayed. I was not able to isolate the problem or provide a small sample code. The problem appears to occur randomly. Limiting the scope of the graphics refresh, eased the problem but was not a cure, which I found frustrating.

best of luck ! :confused:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: