forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Text on %gr Graphics Areas and ‘Overlapping’ Controls ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Text on %gr Graphics Areas and ‘Overlapping’ Controls ? Reply with quote

The DRAW_CHARACTERS @ routine appears to be more limited in some respects than the Text options for format windows. In particular I would like to be able to add for example ‘annotations’ to generated X-Y graphs at arbitrary locations within the graphic area and which include EQUATIONs. Is this possible in any way ? Maybe by ‘overlaying’ of a box (or other control) which allows use of %eq over part of the %gr window, but I haven’t found an example of this anywhere. If that was the case, maybe it would also have to be done using ‘virtual screen’ and/or ‘metafiles’(which I haven’t really delved into yet).
John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One approach is to use Simfit as described in ftn95.chm and in the Silverfrost online help.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I know Simfit has the capability , but is it possible to 'mix' Simfit routines in a %gr window , such that graphs can be plotted with other output before and after it ? Not having used it my impression having scanned through the Simfit documentation was that it all went on in a seperate dedicated Window. Maybe it's more flexible than I thought at first glance ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: