forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posts not appearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpmorris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Posts not appearing Reply with quote

I have already posted this about 5 times now, but I don't see it so I am trying again...

The new build is great! It compiled the project completely unaltered the first time. Amazingly it took about 15 seconds, whereas another well known Fortran compiler for VS takes 10-15 minutes to compile the same project!

I'm not trying to execute this Fotran routine from a C# WinForms application. One of the routines expects the following

SetXXX(Salford.Fortran.Char XXX, int _length_of_XXX_)

What do I need to pass from C# if I want to pass Application.ExecutablePath (a string)?

SUBROUTINE SetXXX(VALUE)

IMPLICIT NONE

CHARACTER*(*) VALUE
XXX = VALUE
END

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Posts not appearing Reply with quote

Your previous posts are on the forum, you may need to change the number of messages per page you can view. This can be done by changing the combo box at the top of the message list to say 25. To call Fortran routines from .NET languages you need to add some specific code - as you said you could not change any of the original routines you will have to write a stub routine to call the original routine. Basically you need to use the ASSEMBLY_INTERFACE statement. More information about this can be found in the help manual under:

.NET Platform -> .NET Programming -> Calling Fortran from other .NET languages
mrpmorris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Posts not appearing Reply with quote

In this case I am able to add that directive. It is only a subroutine which I cannot alter, the get/set wrapper code for the common block is my own.

I've tested the routine on a WinForms app and it worked perfectly, I was very happy about it. Unfortunately though I cannot test it on the compact framework because of the copyright form you open at the start of the app, it causes the following exception...

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

I expect that you are using a method which is not supported by the compact framework to show your form.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Maybe change the code to use something compatible, or just introduce a delay instead? I'm so close to seeing if I can get this routine working on a handheld device!

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: