forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

32 bit ClearWin+ default colour mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: 32 bit ClearWin+ default colour mode Reply with quote

The default %gr colour mode has been changed to rgb_colours but unfortunately the change has not been correctly implemented in the 32 bit library (salflibc.dll).

This means that programs that do not explicitly set the mode (for example, using [rgb_colours]) and assume that rgb_colours is the default, may not work correctly when using the latest full release of salflibc.dll.

The fault becomes apparent when colours are not displayed after an application has been rebuilt.

We apologise for this error. A corrected DLL will be uploaded shortly.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest beta releases are now available at

http://www.silverfrost.com/beta/salflibc.exe

and

http://www.silverfrost.com/beta/clearwin64.exe
DanRRight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried 32 bit LIBs in Windows 8 and got problem in property sheets where texts are totally messed up, backgrounds under texts are messed
up too. Seems that there is no cleaning of drawing surface when changing the tab

Pages without %ps are OK, and everything in Windows 7 is OK too.

Other problems -
WARNING the following symbols are missing:
__export_pcx

And, just for completeness, this is also old problem in all versions of Windows: SDBG still gets crazy (why no one noticed ? That's 2-3 years old bug) after some time using it. The bug is hard to describe. Basically it is activated by using some standard debugging keys like F6 and F7 or Ctrl+F (i do not remember exactly) and then when using Up and Down keys it instead of going page up or down opens the window displaying the variable which falls under the mouse. Very annoying. I put the mouse off the screen to use Up and Down keys

I like that some %PS bug finally surfaced. That is great opportunity to discover possible another very hidden bug in %ps which I suspect causes my code to crash for last few years. This deadliest bug (until i found some workaround described below) hides itself when use SDBG even if the code is compiled with /nocheck - that is how I still run the code, always calling debugger first. This part of my code with %ps is very large, I tried to shorten it to make a demo but failed before. It is code's Settings, it essentially uses and controls all variables and most of CWP functions in the code. Will try to shorten again today because permanently using sdbg got finally on my nerves: at one point last week i had 15 program's windows times 2 (it opens two separate windows) and 15 times 3 debugger windows open (debugger itself, its DOS prompt window and its Warning window) Smile. Each instance of the program eats almost 4 GB of RAM thanks to /3GB switch and John Campbell's hint to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: