forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Link Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yxww

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Link Error Reply with quote

What is this link error means?

LINK : error - Attempt to call Void TempFree(Void*) as if it were TempFree(Salford.Fortran.FunctionType*)
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Link Error Reply with quote

Do you have a routine called TempFree in your code and, each time you call it, are the arguments consistent?

Fortran does not allow you to overload function names.
yxww

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Link Error Reply with quote

Thank you, Paul

I have found such statements as below cause the link error:
character(len=80) name
name(1:20) = name( 5:25)

It can be linked successfully under CVF or IVF

PS: I call a FTN95 routine in C# and the routine includes some string arguments. Although i know that the string arguments transition is correct,
i fail to query the arguments value in debug mode. why?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Link Error Reply with quote

This works OK in Fortran so there must something wrong with the way you are using it in C#.

See "Calling Fortran from other .NET languages" in the Help file and in particular the comment...

Fortran CHARACTERs are mapped to System.String objects and passed by value (this means that changes made to a dummy argument are not passed back to the actual argument at the point of call).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: