Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 6.35
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 6.35. This is available for download now to supported users.
- A new function GET_WOW_VER@ has been added to be used in place of GET_OS_VER@ in compatibility mode.
- A new FTN95 command line option /DOLLAR_MOD has be added so that certain module names ending with a dollar sign will be treated as system modules.
- FTN95 is now compatible with .NET 4.5 running on Windows 8. Note that all FTN95 generated .NET code must be compiled and linked against version 6.35 or above. Architectural changes in Windows 8 prevent .NET code produced by previous versions of FTN95 from functioning. This includes ftn95lib. It is therefore vital that all Fortran source code is recompiled and linked with version 6.35 and be distributed with an ftn95lib of the same version.
Outline summary of bugs that have been fixed:
- An FTN95 (/OPT) optimiser bug for Windows 8 and .NET version 4.5 has been fixed.
- An internal subroutine COMMON variable was conflicting with a host variable with the same name.
- The FRACTION intrinsic produces invalid IL on .NET version 4.5 has been fixed
- A regression in the FTN95 .NET syntax of the form below has been fixed:
| c = "System.Drawing.Color"%"Red" |
An issue setting breakpoints in the Win32 debugger plug-in inside Visual Studio has been fixed
On some x64 PCs FTN95 .NET assemblies would start up in 64-bit mode resulting in an immediate exception. This has been fixed.
The command line option /MESSAGE_SET_TO_ERROR was not working. This has been fixed.
Clearwin+: %ac[INS] regression fixed. Also %ac[Ctrl+H] and %ac[Ctrl+I] now working
Clearwin+: Added [mouse_click] option to %bv to allow processing of a single left mouse click. The corresponding CALLBACK_REASON is "MOUSE_CLICK".
Clearwin+: %bv extended to allow more icon colours. The default is now 256 colours whilst the options [4bits] and [24bits] provide alternatives.
- FTN95 will no longer compile and link against .NET 1.1. FTN95 now defaults to .NET 2.0