forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stack size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warrenmurphy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Stack size Reply with quote

I am new here. I can not increase the stack size within the IDE. What am I missing?

Warren Murphy
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Stack size Reply with quote

Warren

It is not clear whether you are asking how to do this or if you are saying that the available configuration does not work.

To set the stack size you must create a project. Then in the Project Properties select Linker Options->Linker Options->Set Win32 stack size. After clicking on this option, enter the stack size in the edit box marked "Params". There is a similar entry under .NET.
warrenmurphy

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Stack size Reply with quote

Thanks. That is what I have done. I have used a stack size as high as 960MB but I still get a stack overflow error any time I try to excute FACTORIAL calulations. I was wondering if there was something somewhere else that I had missed.

Thanks again. I will keep working.

Warren Murphy
warrenmurphy

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Stack size Reply with quote

Thanks for setting me streight. Feeling good about stack size procedures, I went back to my FACTORIAL code. I found my problem there. Works great now. Thanks again for the prompt follow up.

Warren Murphy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: