forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Adding Files Reply with quote

I have an old fortran program that is split into approximatly 300 files with the .for extension. I need to modify the output of the program to mesh with the input of another program. Anyway I'm a new plato 3 user, I created a project then attempted to "add existing items" to the project. When I add all 300 subroutines at once Plato 3 ignores the attempt. When I added 10 or so at a time it added them until I got up around 150 or so then quit responding. It also put some .for routines in the include folder. Is there a max # of files allowed in a Plato 3 project? any work around or must I combine some of the subroutines into one file?

using version 3.30

Mike
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Adding Files Reply with quote

Mike

There is no maximum as far as Plato is concerned. The standard Microsoft "Open" dialog used by Plato may have have a limit because it copies the file names into one string. However, you would still be able to read them in a block at a time. It should work and if you have some indication of what is going wrong, please let me know.

The file list is kept in the project.fnt95p file so you could try adding files directly or you could create a new project for the remaining files and then merge the two .ftn95p files. This would indicate whether the problem is happening when adding files or if there is an internal buffer limit.

You could also try switching off the file dependency checking (in the Project menu) in case there is a buffer limit here.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Adding Files Reply with quote

I was able to import all the files in big (60 at a time) chunks and with dependancy checking off

thanks for the hints
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: